Monday, January 30, 2012

saved my life

today was great! guuuys.

(whoa. one minute. kurt browning is on my tv selling red rose tea and canadian warmth... wha?! i love him.. sorry. back on track.)

i was gonna be all cranky at monday cause last week it stole my buspass, and this week it put a hole in my favourite navy tights right after i got in to the office... and THEN the woman at the bay who sold me new navy tights was a mega-downer... BUT but. but. then i went to a talk about fashion careers or some such. by sarah nicole prickett. (remember? from feministe friday? why i write like a girl? you remember.) i sort of snuck into this thing. part of a youth employment services series of courses. technically you're supposed to have done their classes to get perks like these talks. but it was all upons on twitter, and i got myself signed up. anyways. it was grand. a) cause i think snp is great. b) cause she's as genuine in person as she is in her writing, which is oh so nice to see. c) cause it reminded me about the scary insecurities of undergrad and art careers and even of working with sarah jay and wondering how and why and where and not being able to form a complete sentence about your feelings cause oh man there's a lot of feelings!

i still have a lot of feelings. (SHOCK AND ALARM!) but i feel oh so good about them, and about my choices and what i've done and where i am. hoooorayha! and it is good to have a scene like that, with all these young (or some my age, i suspect. okay. maybe one.) things who are so confused and excited and nervous and new. to remind me that i am exactly good where i am and i don't miss that feeling of insecurity or excitement at my 'boring' non-art job because i get to actually be creative and thoughtful now. weeee! right? also. how lucky was i to work with sarah jay? what a magical wonderful thing that i got to stumble into. people would kill for that job. and rightfully so. she's the greatest. truly.

but. sorry. monday keeps turning into the big-write post. the big unedited word-vomit post... and it's supposed to be about videos! SORRY! sorry.

here's your video! since i'm feeling all wonderfulgreatinspiredcomfy, why not return to our old friend who started this whole s.m.l. thing in the first place, and helped get me here.

your friend and mine. girlfriend to robots. robyn!!!



happy monday!

No comments: