Wednesday, March 10, 2010

stylist of the week

oh man. ohmanohman. are you ready for this? i don't think you are. man. this is a good one.

vanessa reid.

i can't seem to find a website for her. very strange... but. i do know she lives in paris. and works for missoni. and she is known for working with/mixing patterns. which makes sense... what with her working for missoni.

but holy cow. okay. get ready for these. ready? good.

MODELS AS OLD LADIES!!! and two of my favourite models to boot... jessica stam (who is canadian) and lily cole (who is british).




photos by paolo roversi (who DOES have a website. http://www.paoloroversi.com/)

(the editorial was titled 'SPENT!'. man that's great.)

fashion bravery challenge: today i wore my (mom's) 90's business pants - high wasted and short-legged - very high shoes with open toes, and a huge necklace! shiffon! pearls!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you included the Mongoose in the shot of today's fashion experiment... I'd say both the suit pants and the bike were a success!

Ione said...

Aha, there are TWO bikes in the shot. Very fine. As for Vanessa Reid, next will she style some old ladies as models?

Emma said...

I agree with mom, that's what I wanted to see. I especially like the rolled socks detail.

Also, kudos for the pants. Kudos.