Friday, August 27, 2010

ready for a post all chalk-a-block filled with photos? super! cause it's that time again!

here's some stuff i worked on with sarah over the last few weeks.

first: a black-light shoot shot by brendan meadows. the focus was the hair. very very cool hairpieces all piled on the model's heads. also very cool makeup... some of it was super creepy cause you couldn't see it at all in normal light, and then BAM! BRIGHT ORANGE under the black light. also. mom's post-wedding dress came in very handy as a light-reflector. or. glower... it did great glow-lighting. (there was a real cool mural outside the salon where we were shooting... check it!)















second: a look-book for nicole bridger. winner of the first-annual Fashion Takes Action Design Forward award. this look-book was part of the prize. as all the clothes were provided, we were in charge of accessories and shoes, and helping the designer figure out how she wanted it all to look on the model. i'm a big fan of her stuff. and she (nicole) was a champion of niceness and goodtimes. it was a very pleasant job. i especially like the blue-shorts-suit outfit. favourite. the makeup artist was also named erin. and together we held down the 'scrim' (a semi-opaque sun-difuser-thing). oh. and i can't remember the photographer's name, but he was really lovely. i'll work on that. remembering.











third: a little shoot done in thieves boutique on queen west. thieves is a brand sarah and i encountered at the green shows in new york. sarah put together the shoot in-store to show off their awesomeness. shot by brendan meadows. sadly, i had to go to my other (less cool) job, so i didn't get to stick around for much of it. BUT! i did do the hair! it's hard to see in my not-so-awesome-phone-pictures, but it's a braided crown. i was very pleased with myself. and sarah did the makeup. we're a handy pair!




i'll let you know when any of these shoots are gonna show up in proper form.


we've had a quieter few weeks now, and i've taken to getting up and eating my breakfast at the kitchen table-office with my magazines and some sort of hot beverage. man! what a great way to start the day! i've made it through many of the september issues. in fashion magazine there was an article on endurance sports like the ironman. coool! during this time i am extremely stylishly dressed in my u of a sweatpants and compression socks, and usually some sort of old-man cardigan... it is a very good look. big for fall.




also. gretzky has his own tea. for reals.

4 comments:

Ione said...

I'm impressed but surprised that white dress from 1974 still exists, let alone moved to Toronto.

misssable said...

Hey Erin!

It's been a while since I've checked you blog but I have now updated it to my blog feed! Love the picture posts!

Ione said...

So, with my old dress showing up hon the blog, I'm keeping a keener eye on details. I notice the model in the blue shorts suit outfit is wearing my black sandals. Actually not really, but I felt compelled to check the closet to be sure my pair hadn't walked off to Toronto. If we had warmer weather I might know because I'd be WEARING them. Come back, summer of 2010.

Emma said...

How did you contain yourself during the black-light gig? I would have just had to run all over the place, dancing-frantic.