Wednesday, May 6, 2009

it is all for reals

this week, on tuesday, i broke up with grad school.

i met with the head of our department, glen, and let him know that i have decided not to return to eca next year. it has been a hard hard few months deciding. and it was a hard hard day making it official. glen had a lot of very kind things to say about me, and my work, and my attitude, and the hole i'll be leaving in the program. it was nice to hear. it is too bad that this is the first time i've heard any of it.

it is very bittersweet, now, telling those people in the program who i have grown to care for a great deal. i know i'm making the right decision (the school continues to frustrate - or infuriate me - daily) but i'm going to miss some of my classmates very much. so i'm going to try my best to enjoy their company and the time i have left.

sighing and sighing. what a strange thing...

No comments: