Tuesday, October 21, 2008

blogging against nudity?

i painted a really terrible painting today. it was my first time in front of a model in YEARS! ooof. no good. no good at all.


but don't worry. i'll get better again. don't worry. (i'm not.)


MEANWHILE! AT THE STUDIO!

here's the latest painting paint-town that i've done. except one. i didn't put it in because it looks scary right now. like. really scary. but it won't forever, and then you can see it, i promise.





ALSO. today was project space day. which means we all get together in a room and talk about one person's project - which they've had a week to work on. often these are installation based. well the painting one wasn't my favorite ever (linked to john cage, and thus an INSTANT turn off for me...) but, BUT the sculptors had their first. and. it was great. it was HEATHER'S. she's form canada. she knows brenda drainey and therefore is pretty cool already. her installation/sculpture was really awesome, but best of all was the FREE GIN AND JUS we got after! yes. i love grad school. and it was REALLY good gin. hendrick's. i recommend it completely. go drink some now.

5 comments:

Travis said...

Your paintings look exciting. I am pretty pumped to see you making art. Too little art was made this summer. Probably because I wasted all your free time dragging you to lameo bike races. Sorry. Also Hendricks gin is super boss hogg. Matt got me into it. Have it with cucumbers. serious.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I was already skeptical about the realness of this so called "university" and now this? Gin parties? I grow more suspicious by the day...

erin k h said...

at least my masters won't have 'spa' in the title... zing on emma!

Emma said...

Zing.

I like the way you painted the fabric _under_ the nude model...

Um, yeah, and I also like the way French immersion immersed into into our english spelling. I can only assume you had some sophisticated, French 'Jus'? (Juice. re-ZING!)

erin k h said...

zing...