Wednesday, February 15, 2012

break my arms around the one i love

drop what you are doing. come quickly. rodarte.

rodarte does something to me that i can't properly explain. (though i will try through the next chunk of text to do just that. explain.)

it makes me want to cup the faces of strangers in my hands and tell them 'no, no, don't be sad. it will all be alright. there is hope...' (which i suspect would have the opposite of a calming effect on same strangers). it makes me want to cry. it makes me hopelessly happy and sensucht-y and ache-y. it feels so far away and so contemporary. nostalgic and modern as hell. the hardness of this world today that is cradled in an afghan and the understanding of our grandparents and the very different hardness of that world then. the understanding that life is hard and beautiful and fulfilling, and it could not be beautiful and fulfilling without the hardship.

or maybe i am projecting. but that is what i get from it.

and there is my prairie-heart. and there is that perfect hair and makeup. and the fantastic sickness in my stomach that is those shoes.

i had to try very hard not to just clip the entire collection. laura and kate mulleavy, you are my champions of wonderment.
















{fall rodarte 2012, photos by monica feudi at feudiguaineri.com by way of style.com}

No comments: