Wednesday, March 28, 2012

forever soon

we're going back in time a bit, now, to january. sarah and i hosted a wee little engagement party for the most magical-wonderment couple of friends marc and mel.

marc and mel are so fantastically well matched it almost hurts me. in a 'stabbing joy into my heart' kind of way. and beyond that, they are the greatest human-friends a girl could ever dream of. mel has been a constant rock for me since i moved to the toronto. i have called her crying and happy and crying and desperate and ranty and chatty and every other possible mood one can call a person in. she has made time for me over and over in her insanely hectic schedule. she has given me advice and wisdom that a therapist could charge crazy dollars for. and all that makes her pretty much one of the most amazing persons a person could hope to spend time near. and then! she goes and gets engaged to marc. who is smart and witty and attentive and inspiring TOO! and HE has given me so much love and support over the last two years that i can't even believe it. together they always go way above and beyond any call of friendship for me. and they love and respect and care for each other in a way that is nothing short of inspiring. i love them so. i'm remembering, just now, that i already wrote a love-vomit-fest post about them when they first got engaged. i think... although i can't find it. so. oooops. whatever! i can't say it enough. can't.

but. back on track and away from my feelingsheart. here are some photos from our little gathering. all vegan! such a lovely time! (and darn those kids, marc and mel went and bought me a punchbowl for the party! the big jerks! buying me a present for THEIR party?!)

{the invite! i went and drew it with my hands.}


3 comments:

Emma said...

Who got to eat that one cupcake?

erin k h said...

oh yes, that was the hilarious 'wedding' cupcake, which had WAY to much icing cause i messed up and just kept putting on more... i told them i wanted them to keep it and eat it on their wedding day. i suspect it has either been garbaged, or hidden in the back of their freezer?

Mel said...

Nope. Couldn't wait. Totally ate it.

LOVE YOU!!!