Friday, April 5, 2013

ff

USA!
USA!
AMUUURICAAAA!!!!!

* condoms totes equal SEX WORKER

nothing says 'land of the free' like intense moralizing and the abuse of power! shaming! VEILED THREATS, GUYS! FUN!!! ladies so totally shouldn't be taking charge their sexual safety and reproductive options. i mean... they should leave it all in the hands of their men and hope for the best, riiight? that's responsible sexual behavior.

'I was detained, yelled at, patted down, fingerprinted, interrogated, searched, moved from room to room and person to person without food, water or being told what was going on for what seemed like forever. Just as I thought they were tiring of me and going to refuse me entry but at least let me back into Aruba, a ‘Bad Cop’ type took me to a distant, isolated office and yelled at me that I was full of shit. He had found information online that in the last couple of years I had been modelling and acting. This, he concluded, was special code for sex work, and I was never going to enter the U.S.A. ever again. I tried not to laugh and cry at the same time. I told him I'm currently writing a book on the sociology of sexual assault. 


"Are you looking to be sexually assaulted?" I blinked at him. I couldn't breathe.
"Was that meant to be funny?" "No, it wasn't." "Ah, no. I'm definitely not." 
"Well, it sure seems like you are." "... How so?" He wouldn't elaborate.'
{clay nikiforuk (a nom de plume to protect the author) for rabble.ca}

No comments: