Monday, November 28, 2011

saved my life

this weekend ruled. hardcore. it was a champion of a weekend.

there was an 80's party. there was dinner at a fantastic AND hilarious german restaurant. there was watching of 'another earth', which is really great and you should see it. (that brit girl? she's impressive. wrote it and starred in it, and is... um... about my age. sigh.) there was lots of relaxing and good company. there was a hilarious video of a polarbear. (WATCH OUT!!!) there were eggs and there was toast and there was coffee (including eggnog coffee in the shower).

and this morning? this morning my boss brought in the leftover birthday cake his wife made him. carrot cake. with homemade cream-cheese icing. and it was a layer cake with MORE CREAM-CHEESE IN THE MIDDLE!!! how is that not the best monday ever? it is. it just is. i ate that for 11am snack instead of my usual half tea cup of almonds. i maybe also ate a second piece for my lunch... screw you pasta salad!

and this week is gonna be nutso, but in a great sort of way. planning and scheduling and organizing. all good things. much business.

okay. anyways. to the real point.

this week's video! is so smart! this is how i see music. pretty much exactly. reading music? bah! not a thing! it doesn't make sense to me like this does. if you gave me a starting note, and told me to play along with the viola part i could. no problem. pretty much first time. it's brilliant!



the soft edges around the brass?! AHHH! VISUAL! i love it. and of course this particular piece always makes me think of the funeral scene/opening of beethoven lives upstairs. so. also wonderfully nostalgic.

okay puffins! happy monday!

(HAPPY FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT! TOO!)

2 comments:

Ione said...

Whoa, coincidence. I listened to Beethoven's 7th yesterday mostly for the waiting, the delight of that allegretto. Pure majesty.

Emma said...

Hey, that's midi-waveform, no? I can show you how to do that, on logic. Then you'll have sight-readable-for-you music forever.