Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the good, the bad, the candy (i had a clever pun in mind, but i forgot it. so. instead.)

so. i've decided on my least favourite street in toronto. down with yonge street!!! curse you yonge street!

first. i was all a-ridin' down this above-named street. on my way to assisting sarah for a fitting for sears. (fun day. but that's not the point!) as i go through an intersection, my stylist-kit decides it's gonna spring open. not fall off the bike, mind. just open. and pour all its contents onto the road. boooo! so i stop. and i'm picking the things up, and there's some nice people helping me. but the traffic stopped at the red light - who can see me there picking up picking up - decide they can't wait even a second when the light turns green and they ZOOM towards me. so i step back. and one of my tide sticks gets run over. sigh. there wouldn't have been any casualties except the clear nail polish. thanks a LOT yonge-street-cars!

and THEN. while i was doing the sears-thing. someone. tried to steal my bike basket. but my bike basket was locked to my bike. so. instead. they just broke the basket-mount. (which didn't make my basket anymore steal-able. so it was POINTLESS!!!) ugh. so i had to buy a new mount and it was expensive. so. down with yonge! curse you yonge!



i bought a LOT of candy and even some chippies to make myself feel better. mostly, it worked. and also made me feel a bit dehydrated.

BUT! don't worry. toronto is still doing great. because yesterday, after yoga (which was WAY better than the last class at this studio where i thought they were STUPID...) i saw a KITTEN!!! okay. a small cat. but she was hecka friendly! and let me pet her lots. and she had a pretty pink name tag. hip-styling cat.





and then i had some more candy for dessert. so...

2 comments:

Dad said...

Can I turn off the printer now?

Emma said...

That cat looks like a healthy version of Cuvier...