Sunday, June 13, 2010

dad! are you in your office? can you turn on the printer?

i hadn't thought about how i was gonna print my resume... my printer will get here in september. shooot! so, um, i'll just send them to print on your wireless printer, yeah? and then you can rush courier them to me, yeah? sigh. fine. i'll find somewhere to print them. cause. check out this fancy map-and-list:





this week is application-fest!!!!!!
special thanks to ohmi for the restaurant guide which is helping me find places in my neighbourhood-ish that look worthwhile.

know who i love? greyhound parcel courier. holy heck. they're the best. why why WHY did i ever ship with anyone else? my two-tubs-and-one-box were hecka cheap to send station to station, and arrived in toronto on monday or tuesday... so. i think 6ish days, weekend included. and THEN! when they called me to tell me it had arrived, the nice phone-man said to me 'oh, did you know you can have it delivered to your door for $6.30?'. ummmmm. what?! that's freaking awesome! so deliver it to my door they did. for WAY cheaper than the taxi-back-from-the-station would have been. like, one million less! or. nearly.



d(el)orian news!

first the good news. he got a basket and a rear rack this week! and we're all pretty excited about it. i mounted the basket ever-so-slightly left leaning, but that's easy enough to fix. check it:





yup. he looks hecka swank.
and with the arrival of my greyhound parcels, i got my lights, bell, and helmet! suuuuper.

but the bad news. i also bought some pannier. and. they. SUCK! man. they're the worst. i rode home with them on, and they got in the way of the pedals, AND they messed up my rear shifter! for reals! 3 and 5 are super sketch now, and 4 is completely dead. boooo hisss! and they are crazy hard to get on and off the rear rack, and they didn't stay closed while i was riding. so i will be returning them. with some angry words. and making the techies fix my shifter. with more angry words. LAME dude!



don't buy these!!!
i should've listened to mel when she was all 'i'm so glad marc talked me in to getting the expensive, good pannier, instead of the cheap option...' stuuupid cheap option. jerk!

but that's okay. it'll all be alright. once the angry words are said.

and look:



this dude was kickin' it with d(el)orian the other day. how nice!

this morning, when i woke up and opened my curtains, what did i see out the window but this:



so i invesitgated...



heck yes! so off i went. and found me a sale!



and bought some cheap-as-free books! and the money they raised is going to go to a women's shelter charity.



william goldman! author of the princess bride!!! how excited am i about that. and franny and zooey! i've been meaning to buy this for ages. and they put the books in:



which is awesome, except that it makes me really hungry. i have to find out where toronto's bulk barn is.

and finally. it isn't pie minister, but it's pretty good:

3 comments:

dharmahum said...

sibelius square appears grand but I wouldn't trust it with a bold shocking novel of our times!

Emma said...

1) Dharmahum, you confuse me.

2) I really hope things go well as Sassafraz resto, particularly.

3) I found an awesome book sale yesterday too! Kids books for 10p!

erin k h said...

sibelius square is a place in toronto! i figured that out. or mel saw it on a map, and i was all 'OH!!!!'