Wednesday, March 2, 2011

tumbleweed

oh rodarte. oh. you go from wood panelling to THIS? curse you. i love you.

the fall 2011 rodarte show made me want to sing 'prairie boy', and go visit the zedunich farm. maybe lay on the trampoline and watch a storm come in. it's all grandma's table-top doilies and potholders. and 'my daniel' and ghosts, too. and then, of course, there's a bit of wizard of oz in there. which i will never have a problem with. in general, i'll say that prairie-chic could go terribly wrong so easily, but this is very very right for me. modern, somehow, and not costume-y. (and the bright-light tumbleweed/windmills at the back of the runway create a great effect. cold and bright and crisp.)




it's a collared shirt. without the hassle of a shirt...



i would like these boots very much. please.







i'm not even going to bother saying anything about these printed dresses. just. yes. blarg!

















spooky prairie ghosts. of course.

also, if i may say so, this show is very well coordinated with my blog design. i'm sure that was intentional on their part. sure.

all photos from style.com

2 comments:

Ione Hooper said...

two delights:
-the tumble-weed prop also mimics rolled up snow fences, set across the prairie to collect winter's snow, then rolled like this for the summer

-the shawls and sleeves of the print dresses billow like prairie winds

Emma said...

So, I was going to comment to say, wow, I sure like this item, and that item, but, actually ALL THOSE FRICKING ITEMS ARE AMAZING. What a collection! Geez. Good spotting. I love those. And I love that there are shows that can actually make me happy like that.